Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Take me away

I want to move.
I doubt I'll ever get the chance to, I have a feeling I'm Richmond for life.
A lot of my friends don't understand why I would want to leave our fair city. I say if you don't see what's out there, you'll never appreciate what you have. This world, this country is too big to just live in one place your entire life.
These are the 5 cities I would want to move to in the United States, listed in order of preference.
1-Philadelphia-Like Richmond, only larger, with better food, professional sports, and some of my favorite out of town friends. It's cold in the winter and close enough to New York that you could go there for the day. Doesn't get much better than that.
2-Austin-Austin is probably the most laid back city I've ever been to. More good food, the only drawback is I can't imagine how hot it gets there in the summer. I don't know if I could hang with that.
3-LA-Now I'd only move to LA if I was trying to start my life over. The metro area is home to almost 13 million people. That's the kind of place where you could totally reinvent yourself. They have the Dodgers, but it's also the home to the Lakers, so those kind of cancel each other out.
4-Atlanta-Atlanta is my city of choice if I'm ballin' out of control. You'd have to be rich to live there. Well that's the impression I get. I doubt if I'll ever be rolling hard enough to get there, but it's definitely an awesome city.
5-New York City-Sometimes I could see myself living there, sometimes I think I'd kill myself if I had to spend more than a few days there. It's such a crazy place, and there's so much to do, but I just don't know if I could hang with all the hustle and bustle.

2 comments:

kat said...

philly is the best. if was move back to the east coast...that's where i would land. i miss jersey but i love philly.

you dont want to live in LA. i think you would hate the fake ass people there. and its expensive as hell.

Thomas Lovely said...

grass is always greener.