Saturday, November 15, 2008

Gary Gunwald interview


If I had three words to sum up Gary Gunwald they would be solid, true, and hardcore. He has the most insane bulldog tattoo that he wants to get covered up. I think he's nuts for that. He's one of the better dudes I've met in a long time. His band rips. If you haven't heard them you need to get familiar. He was nice enough to answer a few quick questions for me a few weeks ago. Naysayer has a short East coast tour coming up in December so if they come through your town I suggest you check them out.



Tell the people who you are and what you do.
My name is Gary i sing for Naysayer and i work at a grocery store.

If you could book a five band show for Naysayer to be on who would you want to play with?
That's is a hard one, this answer would probably change every time you asked me. but for now i'll go with
madball, sick of it all, bad brains, warzone, and alone in a crowd.

What's your most prized possession?
My most prized possession was my 1st press warzone-open your eyes lp...but i sold that to go on tour.
so i guess it would be my judge new york crew 7 inch.

Five favorite hardcore records of all time.
fuck. another ever changing answer
1. madball -look my way/demonstrate my style
2. sick of it all - live in a world full of hate
3. bad brains - rock for light
4. judge - bringin' it down
5. warzone - dfts dfts

Close it out. Anything you want to say.
thanks for the interview. reaper comp coming out in december.
naysayer 7 inch coming out early 2009. richmond hardcore on the rise. shout out to world war...amd swamp thing.

http://www.myspace.com/naysayerichmond

No comments: