Sunday, November 30, 2008

Privileged information


I hate it when I find out something that I didn't want to know in the first place.
Somehow I always get these bombs of information dropped on me, and they always come with the condition that you cannot share them with anyone else.
You've got to be kidding me.
I mean just don't tell me.
I understand that information carries it own same kind of weird pressure, that sometimes keeping secrets can make you crazy that you have to let it out.
Maybe it's a testimony to my character that people feel that they can tell me things, that they trust me enough.
But there are times that I wish I didn't know what I knew, especially when the information would have a really big impact on a third party, on someone who is totally oblivious to what's going on. I think that's the worst.
If you want to let me in on something, I'll gladly listen, and I can say in all sincerity I'll keep it a secret till you say otherwise.
It's like getting rewarded for doing a job well by being given more work.
Could be worse I guess.
That's it.

1 comment:

kat said...

my old boss used to do that all the time. she would tell me things about the company that i would have rather not known. it made for a stressful couple of months. i appreciated that she felt like she could trust me, but...damn. eventually she got fired. in a way i was relieved.