Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Keep your hands up.


When I have a good day in class, there's nothing better. When I have a bad day in class, there's nothing worse.
When I was a kid I tried all kinds of sports. I played soccer, which I sucked at. I played basketball, where I was too small for my age group. Spud Webb I am not. I wrestled. Wow don't even get me started about that one. Let's just say the only match I won was one in which the other guy didn't show up. That's right, my only win was a forefit. I was on the swim team. I do love to swim, but not on a team. I mean have you seen what the kids on the swim team have to wear? Speedos son, speedos. I won't be posting any pictures of portly, awkward yours truly wearing a banana hammock any time soon, in case you were wondering.
Now, I've found something that I really enjoy doing. I'm not going to sit here and pretend for 5 seconds I know all the ins and outs of the sport, but I wouldn't consider myself a total n00B.
Today was just one of those days I guess. I let all the external pressures of life get to me, and it showed during class. There's nothing to do but shake it off and go in there on Thursday and try to do better.
It's just shitty when you are sucking, and you know you are sucking, and no matter what you can't seem to do anything about it.
Happens to the best of us I guess.

1 comment:

kat said...

could be worse...you could have to fight in a speedo!