Saturday, March 22, 2008

Breaker 1-9


Pictured here are two novelty glasses I bought a few years ago. They are called "CB Jargon." On them are a bunch of different terms used by truckers and long distance drivers, well at least the terms were used back in the day. I don't know how current they are now. I found these at a flea market, I think they were five bucks for both. Fucking deal of the century. When I bought them I decided I was going to start collecting glasses like these, I thought they were so cool. Just what I need, another thing to collect. I haven't bought any other ones, I haven't found any that were nearly this cool. After I took this picture I noticed that one of them had a giant crack in it, so I don't even want to use them anymore, I'm scared they will break. Now I guess they will just sit on a shelf until I'm dead, because god knows I won't throw them away. I think things like this are going to be part of kitschy American culture that we are going to lose, they don't make stuff like this anymore. Well they do but it's total junk. At least these glasses have some character.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

those are the coolest damn things i have ever seen! not only do they have kick ass phrases but they have the definitions so that if you want to live out your convoy fantasy, you wont sound like a total noob. good score!