Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Get sick


What you see to the left here is the flu virus. What a nasty fucking thing. I called in sick today. Last night I had a mild fever, which kept me up for a while, and my throat is sore. It sucks, but hopefully I'll be feeling better by tonight. I usually get sick twice a year, once in the spring and once in the fall. Sometimes having a sick day can be a good thing though, you can have an excuse just to lay around and do nothing. Being sick for a day or two is okay, but I couldn't imagine bumming around for a week or longer. One of my really good friends had double pneumonia a few years ago, and he was out for work for a while, for about six weeks altogether I think. God I'd fucking kill myself if I was trapped in the house for that long. But like I said a sick day here or there can be a good thing. When I woke up this morning I thought I'd list my top five sick day activities.
5-Surfing the web I probably spend too much time on the internet, doing absolutely nothing. I don't know why I'm on here so much. There are probably 4 or 5 websites that I go to. But when you are sick it's a good excuse just to troll the nerd and see what's going on. I mean it's a nice sedentary activity, you can't break a sweat doing it, so it is definitely a good sick day past time.
4-Reading Right now I've got a stack of probably 15 comic books that I need to read. I've just gotten behind. So I'm sure I'll get caught up on those today. Comic books are great to read when you are sick, they are so short you can read a few and take a nap. I also have a really good book that I've wanted to read more of, it's been so busy around here lately I only get to read it in these little short bursts, usually before I'm about to fall asleep. So hopefully today I can get more of that read as well.
3-A hot shower A hot shower can feel good at any time, but when you are feeling ill it's even better. I usually try to time mine about mid-day, after I've had lunch and a nap, that way if I'm starting to feel better towards the end of the day I also feel fresh and clean. And all that hot water does wonders for breaking up your congestion and soothing your aching muscles.
2-Video games Right now at our house we only have one TV, so whoever gets home last is screwed, usually because that's me. So trust me today I'm going to take full advantage and I'll probably be playing for a few hours off and on. Like a hot shower, video games are good at any time, but when you are sick you are expected to just sit around. They're a perfect thing to do on a sick day.
1-Movies Wow I'm starting to see a pattern here. 4 out of the 5 of what I've listed are things you do sitting on your fat lazy ass. Oh well I'm sick what do you want from me? Movies, another excellent diversion at almost any time, but when you are sick they are even better. Hopefully I should be getting a couple of things from Netflix today, so I can watch one of those before the re-run of AxMen comes on tonight.

Well there you have it, the 5 things I like to do when I'm sick. I'd like to thank germs, filth, dust, and poor hygiene for contributing to this post.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

movies and reading are definitely good sick day activities. hope you feel better soon.