Monday, October 6, 2008

Charles Henry Interview


I met Chucky Edge I guess about 3 years ago? Time has flown by so fast I have a hard time remembering. He's my big little brother. He owed me an interview, so now it's come due. I don't know what's up with the picture he sent me of himself, but I do know a picture like that is truly the essence of the man. He's a real dude, and someone I don't get to see enough. Enjoy.

-Tell the people who you are and what you do.
My name is Charles. I live in Boston, and I am originally from San Francisco, CA. I tour with hardcore bands, and sell shirts outside of Boston sports games. In between all of those there is tons more stuff, but lately I just enjoy walking with my ipod as simple as that sounds.

-If you had $500 to blow what would you spend it on?
I would either spend it on rent, or plane tickets to go somewhere. Would be cool to go out and get some new winter clothes cause thats around the corner. If I were in the right mood, I would make some shirts tho.

-What's your most prized possession?
this is a really good question. My shirts arent just one entity and there are a lot of them, and I give out my shirts to my friends so that could be it, but doesnt fit tho... I guess I could say my life experience, but that might be too deep. I don't own a cool tv or a car, so thats out of the question. life experience is cool, cause that makes up who i am.

-I've got tubs of shirts I don't wear and things I don't need anymore, but I can't get rid of them. Is that you or can you part with stuff that you don't use/wear anymore easily?
I am the exact same way man. I just bought about 5 more tubs to put shirts into cause I have so many. My closet is just a tub storage unit now. I am starting to be able to let go more tho. It started with David and Jared giving them a couple shirts each, now when friends come over, esp younger kids, and I know they are siked on the core or a good tee, I let them go thru a few tubs that are in the pantry of my house. I am scared for the next time I move because of all the stuff I keep.

-What's your Holy Grail? What's one thing do you wish you had that you don't?
Good question again. The Warzone dfts, dfts record cover shirt is pretty fuckin' up there. Would also Love to get the Stop & Think pocket print tee and thats easier to get. Im not too big into the OG shirt game, maybe one day it will bite me again. My holy grail in reality would be to have every shirt in my closet be a triple A brand shirt. that warzone tee would be great. im also a big fan of cold as life shirts.

-Close it out. Anything you want to say.
Thanks for the interview, I hope it was a good read. I don't really read books but I need to, I get inspired by movies a lot. Words of wisdom: its not the destination its how you get there. shout-outs to: friends and family, all the bands I have toured with, chuck ragan for being my daily soundtrack, apple for making the ipod, jd drew for being a beast, san francisco giants for being there year in and year out, and good breakfast spots.

No comments: